DAY 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Malaga. On arrival, our coach will take us to the Hotel Perla Marina, Nerja, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
• Orientation walk of the resort, Nerja. Our hotel is just a gentle stroll from to the viewpoint of the Balcon de Europa, or Europe’s Balcony. Once the site of a Moorish castle, it offers sweeping panoramic views of the Mediterranean with small coves and beaches below, against an awesome backdrop of hazy, blue mountains.
• Excursion to the beautiful white washed town of Mijas – the Jewel of the Costa del Sol, set into the hills and overlooking the sea. Wander through the labyrinth of narrow cobbled street of this lovely Andalucian village and browse the many artisan and local crafts shops, while stopping for some tapas and local wine along the way.
• Visit to the town of Almuñécar, on the Costa Tropical. A Moorish and Roman stronghold, most of the old town is pedestrianised with flower-filled balconies and small sunny plazas. We visit the weekly market, a great place to pick up some local pottery and gifts.
• Panoramic tour of the city of Malaga, birthplace of Pablo Picasso, including a stop at the Gibralfaro Castle where you find the best panoramic views over the city and its harbour. Other highlights are the Cathedral and Moorish Alcazabar and where there will be plenty of free time to explore further at your own pace.
• 3 free days to completely relax and explore the streets and squares of Nerja, lined with charming restaurants and tapas bars. Or why not visit nearby Frigiliana or the famous Nerja Caves or, if you are feeling adventurous, take a bus to Granada for spectacular views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. So much to do, but the choice is yours!
DAY 8: Sadly we wave Adios! to Spain. Our local coach will transfer us to Malaga Airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as easy-medium.