Tuesday 23rd - Tuesday 30th June 2020
Single Room Supplement £135
Lake View rooms are available on request
- Door to door service
- Return flights
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Milan Speranza Au Lac Hotel
- Drinks package with dinner
- English speaking local guide during excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
DAY 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Milan. On arrival our local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Milan Speranza Au Lac, Stresa, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
• A morning guided walking tour of Stresa, which is sprinkled with villas, grand hotels and parks and has a beautiful lakeside promenade with magnificent views over the lake.
• Excursion to Lake Orta, the lake that most tourists have not yet discovered. The stunningly beautiful views of the lake, with the glistening silver blue of the water contrasting with the backdrop of mountains, gives the place an eerie silence which is both relaxing and enchanting.
• The town of Arona which enjoys a lovely climate and faces the splendid Lake Maggiore. It is also known for the San Carlone statue, second only in size to the Statue of Liberty in New York.
• The spectacular 16th Century Villa Visconti Borromeo Litta. Known for its monumental Nymphaeum, a series of rooms decorated with mosaics and artificial grottoes, is one of the most important examples in northern Italy for its abundance of decorations and for the variety of water features.
• Lake Como, one of Italy’s most popular lakes and one of the most beautiful in Europe. Visit Villa Carlotta on the sunny western shore and a boat trip to Bellagio, the ‘Pearl of Lake Como’ with its quaint cobbled streets and cosmopolitan feel.
• Boat ride to the Borromean Islands with admission to Isola Bella and Isola Madre. These monumental Baroque palace gardens contain many rare and exotic plants and the spectacular blossoming is planned to ensure that it is filled with colours and scents from March to October.
• 1 full day and 3 half days at leisure.
DAY 8: Today we leave Stresa, our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium.
Hotel Milan Speranza Au Lac ****
The Hotel Milan Speranza Au Lac comprises of two buildings which are located side by side in the centre of Stresa, close to the boat landing stage and shopping area. It has a superb position overlooking the lake, the Borromean Islands and the Alps. Rooms are en-suite, have air-conditioning, satellite TV, safe, hairdryer and Wi-Fi. Leisure facilities are available at a nearby hotel.